The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of philosophy courses.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies. Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of transfer programs for the Social Science department; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Sick Leave Only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the Cerro Coso Community College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communication effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Education and Experience
Master’s in philosophy;
OR – Bachelor’s in philosophy AND Master’s in humanities or religious studies;
OR – Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Philosophy at the California Community College level;
OR – The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
AND – A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00632
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Part-Time Academic
Rate: $60.00 per hour
Location: CC-Mammoth Lakes Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3185