Prof. or Assoc. Prof. or Assist. Prof
The Bioethics Program, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai not BA-granting
|Job category||Faculty (open rank) / Contract type open|
Social and Political Philosophy
|AOC||clinical ethics, research ethics|
|Organization's reference number||ISMMS|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States|
|Start date||January 3, 2022|
The Bioethics Program
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Full-time Faculty, Job Description 2021
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISSMS) is the medical school of the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS). MSHS is the largest non-governmental employer in New York City. ISMMS is physically located on the Mount Sinai Hospital (MSH) campus in the middle of Manhattan, on Museum Mile and across the street from Central Park. MSH is a vibrant tertiary care hospital with expertise across the full array of medical specialties, and ISMMS is a leading research institution.
The Mount Sinai Health System’s vision is to continue to grow and challenge convention through our pioneering spirit, scientific advancements, forward-thinking leadership, and collaborative approach to providing exceptional patient care in the many unique communities we serve. MSHS, ISMMS, and the Bioethics Program are all committed to those goals and our core values of equity, agility, creativity, empathy, and teamwork. IN that light, The Bioethics Program is specifically committed to moral inquiry, scholarship, teaching, and professional service in medicine, health care, and public health.
The Bioethics Program at ISMMS is housed in the Department of Medical Education. Program faculty are committed to the institution’s central mission of providing high-quality patient care and teaching conducted in an atmosphere of social concern and scholarly inquiry into the nature, causation, prevention and therapy of human disease. The Bioethics Program’s central focus is advancing the ethical practice of medicine and the ethical conduct of research through education and contributions to this developing field of study.
The Bioethics Program faculty is relatively small in number, but our work covers a broad scope of activities. We engage in collaborative projects and activities with physicians and other medical professionals throughout the institution.
We are seeking to fill a fully funded full-time faculty position with a scholar in bioethics who is eager to collaborate and participate in the full range of our activities. We are seeking either a promising or an established dynamic scholar who will be committed to maintaining our current activities and further developing our program. The ideal applicant will have discerning insights, innovative ideas, and the motivation for helping to advance our program. Preferred qualifications include a record of both scholarly publication and graduate-level teaching. The successful candidate will have a broad view of bioethics and be prepared to take over the direction of the Bioethics Program in the near future. Initially, this faculty member will assume leadership of our bioethics education programs. Salary and rank are open and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Primary duties and responsibilities of Bioethics Program Faculty Members:
• Collaborate in providing ethics education for medical students, residents, and fellows throughout ISMMS
• Teach graduate level courses in the several ISMMS Masters and PhD programs including genetics counseling, clinical research, bioethics, public health, and chaplaincy
• Collaborate in Ethics Committee activities including ethics consultation and supportive activities for the several hospital ethics committees in the Mount Sinai Health System
• Conduct collaborative and independent bioethics research and scholarship
• Contribute to development of grant applications and collaborate on grant related-activities
• Contribute to the intellectual and scholarly life of ISMMS by engagement with The Bioethics Program’s monthly and annual programs including monthly Faculty Seminars, monthly Center-Wide Ethics Luncheons, annual International Bioethics Consortium, and the annual Bioethics Conference
• Contribute to the ISMMS community through committee and administrative assignments
• Contribute to the training of Ethics Fellows, graduate students who work with the Bioethics Program
• Terminal graduate degree (e.g., PhD or JD) in a field related to bioethics
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and teaching skills
• Demonstrated record of scholarship in areas such as bioethics, ethics, philosophy of science, history of medicine, political philosophy
• Strong organizational skills
How to Apply
Those interested in this position should submit a cover letter and CV. Please refer questions and submit applications to [email protected].
Fax: 212-241 5028
For junior faculty applicants, please submit two letters of recommendation addressed to:
Rosamond Rhodes, Ph.D.
Professor of Medical Education
Director of Bioethics Education
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1076
New York, NY 10029
|How to apply|
Those interested in this position should submit a cover letter and CV. Please refer questions and submit applications to [email protected] Phone: 212-241-3757 Fax: 212-241 5028 For junior faculty applicants, please submit two letters of recommendation addressed to: Rosamond Rhodes, Ph.D. Professor of Medical Education Director of Bioethics Education Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1076 New York, NY 10029
|Email to apply|
|Deadline for full consideration:||
November 1, 2021, 9:00am EST
(applications under review)
|Hard deadline||No deadline specified (applications considered on an ongoing basis)|
|Web address for more information||http://icahn.mssm.edu/education/masters/bioethics/...|
|Contact name||Rosamond Rhodes|
|Time created||October 25, 2021, 9:29pm UTC|
|Scheduled expiry date||April 20, 2022, 9:58pm EST|
|Last updated||October 25, 2021, 9:29pm UTC|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||
This institution has indicated that the position advertised will not follow the APA's recommended job market calendar. An explanation, if provided, appears below.
We would like one person to assume this position by January 3, 2022.