Assistant Professor of Philosophy (EXPIRED)
School of Humanities, Seton Hill University
|Job category||Junior faculty / Tenure-track or similar|
|Location||Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States|
Seton Hill University invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position in Philosophy, housed in the School of Humanities and linked to programs in Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Theology. Appointment is to begin in August 2023.
The faculty member will teach a range of courses in undergraduate Philosophy within a Continental framework. Seton Hill University offers a minor in Philosophy, and all students are required to study Philosophy as part of the Liberal Arts Curriculum. Willingness to teach across the Liberal Arts Curriculum required.
Requirements for the position include:
● Ph.D. in Philosophy at time of appointment
● Ability to teach a range of courses in Philosophy, with an approach rooted in the Continental tradition, including Introduction to Philosophy, Introduction to Ethics, Logic and Argument, Mind & Body, Special Topics in Philosophy, and Special Topics in Ethics
● Evidence of effective teaching and commitment to continued professional development
● Ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the School of Humanities and across the University
● Willingness and ability to recruit and advise undergraduate minors in Philosophy
● Affirmation of the mission and identity of Seton Hill University, a Catholic Liberal Arts institution in the tradition of Elizabeth Ann Seton and committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preferred qualifications include:
● Research interests and/or teaching experience related to Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice and/or Health Care Ethics
● Interest in contributing to Seton Hill’s liberal arts curriculum, with potential to connect across interdisciplinary areas (including for example Environment & Sustainability, Gender and Women Studies, Religious Studies, and/or Genocide & Holocaust Studies)
● Demonstrated research trajectory, with opportunities for faculty/student collaboration and/or public humanities research
Chartered in 1918, Seton Hill University is a leading Catholic coeducational liberal arts university founded by the Sisters of Charity and embracing students of all faiths. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands (yet only 35 miles from Pittsburgh), Seton Hill educates its more than 2000 students to “think and act critically, creatively and ethically as productive members of society committed to transforming the world. Visit us at www.setonhill.edu.
Diversity is a core value at Seton Hill University. We are passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff. We actively seek to recruit applicants who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
|How to apply|
Send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, official transcripts, scholarship sample, statement of teaching philosophy, diversity statement, and three letters of reference to [email protected]: Attn: Dean Debra Faszer-McMahon c/o Jessica Lohr ([email protected]) Seton Hill University, 1 Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601. A review of applications will begin October 24, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
|Email to apply|
|Hard deadline||November 23, 2022, 11:59pm EST|
|Web address for more information||http://www.setonhill.edu|
|Contact name||Debra Faszer-McMahon|
|Time created||September 23, 2022, 9:31pm UTC|
|Scheduled expiry date||November 23, 2022, 11:59pm EST|
|Expired on||November 25, 2022, 12:46am EST|
|Last updated||January 25, 2023, 3:00pm UTC|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||
This institution has indicated that the position advertised will not follow the APA's recommended job market calendar. An explanation, if provided, appears below.
Responses to offers may be required prior to February 1, 2023.