Global Scholar Recruitment Campaign
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is one of the world’s leading universities, known for innovation, creativity and research. We are now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors/Associate Professors/Professors/Chair Professors (on substantiation-track) in all academic fields with special focuses on One Health, Digital Society, Smart City, Matter, Brain, and related interdisciplinary areas. Research fields of particular interest include, but not limited to:
• biomedical science and engineering
• veterinary science
• computer science and data science
• neuroscience and neural engineering
• bio-statistics and AI-healthcare
• smart/semi-conductor manufacturing
• AI/robotics/autonomous systems
• aerospace and microelectronics engineering
• energy generation and storage
• digital business and innovation management
• fintech and business analytics
• computational social sciences
• digital humanities
• digital and new media
• law and technology
• private law
• healthy, smart and sustainable cities
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated ability to build a world-class research programme related to CityU’s strategic research areas, plus a commitment to education and student mentorship. Candidates must possess a doctorate in their respective field by the time of appointment.
Applications and nominations are invited for :
Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Political Philosophy/Ethics) in the Department of Public and International Affairs (one vacancy) [Ref. B/623/03]
Duties : Contribute to research, service, teaching and teaching-related activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The appointees are also expected to be active researchers and contribute to the broader intellectual project of the Department in terms of publications, academic events and research grants.
Requirements : A relevant PhD with competence in teaching and undertaking research. Candidates are expected to have an active research agenda that leads to external funding, provide evidence of teaching ability (including student evaluations) and proven ability to produce high quality publications. Successful candidates are expected to commence duty as soon as possible.
• Candidates for Chair Professor and Professor should have outstanding research/grant records and international reputation.
• Candidates for Associate Professor should have a number of high-impact publications and grants, and a demonstrated ability/potential to develop a research area on their own.
• Candidates for Assistant Professor should have demonstrated potential for high-impact publication and grant capture.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be driven by market competitiveness and individual performance. Excellent fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes, and relocation assistance (where applicable). The appointment is on substantiation-track and the initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract.
Information and Application
Further information on the posts and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Department of Public and International Affairs, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong (email : [email protected]).
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking #54 (QS 2023), and #4 among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS 2021); #1 in the World’s Most International Universities (THE 2020); #1 in Automation & Control/Electrical & Electronic Engineering/Materials Science & Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and #3 in Telecommunication Engineering in Hong Kong (GRAS 2022); and #41 Business School in the World and #4 in Asia (UT Dallas 2017 to 2021)