Associate/Assistant Director of Content Strategy and Engagement (EXPIRED)
|Administration (non-academic) / Tenure-track or similar
|Greencastle, Indiana, United States
Associate/Assistant Director of Content Strategy and Engagement
DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please go to University Profile for more information about DePauw.
The Associate/Assistant Director of Content Strategy and Engagement works closely with the Director of The Janet Prindle Institute for Ethics to direct the Institute's content and national engagement efforts. The primary responsibilities are to develop and maintain a rich array of content that can be widely shared with educators, to develop and maintain the Institute's web presence and communication efforts, and to integrate this work with other programming at DePauw University.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Develop and maintain a rich array of content that can be widely shared, used as part of our national engagement strategy, and integrated with DePauw curricular programs. Initiatives may include:
• The Prindle Post
• Teaching Children Philosophy
• Games-based ethics curriculum
• Other educational content for high school students
• Other educational content for undergraduates
Oversee the development and maintenance of the Prindle Institute's website.
• Serve as the main liaison to any person/organizations that assist in developing or maintaining the website
• Create of and manage web pages and forms system
• Develop infrastructure and process for hosting educational content that is easily searchable and accessible
Oversee analytics of the Institute's content and websites.
Oversee Communications and Marketing
• Ensure that the Prindle Institute's communications and marketing meet the needs of the Institute.
Strategic Planning and Management
• Work closely with the Director and the Associate Director as part of the Prindle Institute Leadership Team to develop goals, assess progress, and execute a strategic plan for the Institute.
• Work collaboratively with faculty/staff at the Institute and at DePauw to integrate Prindle content with other campus programming.
• Mentor and supervise Prindle Institute graduate fellow(s), the Schaenen Scholar and/or student interns in the years when their responsibilities are related to content creation, communications/marketing or other areas in the remit of the Associate/Assistant Director of Content Strategy and Engagement.
• Supervise consultants that assist in areas related to content creation, and communications/marketing.
Engage DePauw students in the work of the Institute, including possibly: teaching courses, working with student interns, designing programming that engages students, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Adaptability -- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Autonomy - The ability of the individual to complete assigned tasks with little oversight.
• Change Management - The ability of the individual to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - A desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients' needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
• Decision Making - Ability of the individual to select an effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
• Initiative - Ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Management Skills - ability of the individual to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals and priorities that deliver results.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Responsible - Ability of the individual to be trustworthy or answerable for their conduct.
• Self-Motivated - Ability of the individual to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
• Strategic Planning -- Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
• Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
Required Supporting Documents
Nov 30, 2023
Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required. Terminal degree strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years experience in a teaching or other academic environment required.
Communication/Language: Proficient: Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Familiarity and ability to work with Google analytics.
• Familiarity and ability to work with Wordpress.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously with attention to detail.
• Strong skills in managing projects and people and proven diplomatic, and leadership, ability to work independently as well as in a team-setting, and aptitude and motivation to acquire new skills as needed.
• Ease in working with all constituents, including faculty members, administrative staff, students, alumni, visiting scholars and service providers.
• Available to work some evenings and weekends during key Institute events.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4765822
|How to apply
|Web address to apply
|November 30, 2023, 11:59pm EST
|Web address for more information
|November 9, 2023, 3:58pm UTC
|Scheduled expiry date
|November 30, 2023, 11:59pm EST
|December 2, 2023, 12:46am EST
|February 1, 2024, 3:00pm UTC
|Last update notification
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar
|This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.