Open Call: 4 PhD's in Philosophy (EXPIRED)
Erasmus School of Philosophy, Erasmus University of Rotterdam
|Job category||Graduate fellowship / Fixed term|
|AOS||Any area of Philosophy|
|AOC||Any area of Philosophy|
Organization based in Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
|Start date||Januari 2019|
Erasmus School of Philosophy is looking for 4 PhD students
As the successful candidate:
- You are highly motivated to pursue a PhD in philosophy (your research can be in any area of philosophy, provided there is a suitable supervisor at the Erasmus School of Philosophy; https://www.eur.nl/esphil/people?s=&page=1)
- Your academic work and record demonstrates your ability to argue rigorously, to structure your ideas clearly, and to engage with academic literatures critically and creatively.
- You have a good command of English, and strong social communication and academic writing skills.
We expect you to:
- Complete a PhD thesis within the four-year contract period.
- Play an active role in the research community by participating in research seminars and events, and organizing research events related to your own research, and to other research programmes within Erasmus School of Philosophy (https://www.eur.nl/esphil/onderzoek/onderzoeksprojecten).
How to apply:
The application package should include two files in PDF format:
- One non-anonymized PDF: Motivation letter and CV.
- One anonymized PDF, i.e. your name and other identifying information should not appear anywhere in the file: PhD research proposal (1,000 words, excl. references) and a writing sample (max 1,000 words).
Additional information about the vacancies can be obtained from Prof. dr. Jack Vromen (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). A selection committee will be responsible for the selection of the candidate.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday November 21 and Thursday November 22.
Conditions of employment
Erasmus School of Philosophy – ESPhil
Erasmus University Rotterdam
|How to apply|
|Email to apply|
|Hard deadline||November 1, 2018, 11:59pm CET|
|Web address for more information||https://www.eur.nl/en/esphil/vacancy-4-phd-positio...|
|Contact name||Prof.dr. Jack Vromen|
|Time created||October 2, 2018, 10:11am EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||November 1, 2018, 11:59pm CET|
|Expired on||November 3, 2018, 12:46am CET|
|Last updated||March 14, 2019, 3:00pm EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||
This institution has indicated that the position advertised will not follow the APA's recommended job market calendar. An explanation, if provided, appears below.
No explanation available