Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Instituto de Investigaciones Filosóficas, UNAM, Mexico City
|Job category||Postdoc or similar / Fixed term|
|Location||Mexico City, The Federal District, Mexico|
|Start date||March 1, 2020|
The Institute for Philosophical Research, through the Coordination of Humanities, of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM), offers postdoctoral research fellowships.
Postdoctoral fellows are expected to:
a) Carry out their proposed research, and publish its results.
b) Work full time on their research project.
c) Participate in the academic activities of the Institute.
d) Teach two courses throughout the year of their fellowship and supervise the work of undergraduate and graduate students.
Knowledge of Spanish is not required, but successful non-Spanish speaking applicants will be expected to learn the language during their stay.
The deadline for applications is August 9th, 2019. Applications or letters of recommendation sent after this date will not be accepted. The fellowship begins on March 1st , 2020.
Duration. One year (with possible renewal for a second year).
Grant. $32, 000.00 MXN per month, tax free. According to the current exchange rate this amounts to approximately $1,629.00 US dollars. The fellowship includes health insurance (coverage includes partners and children).
Requirements. PhD obtained not earlier than 5 years before the beginning of the fellowship. To have at least one paper published or accepted for publication.
Applicants must complete the following online form (https://forms.gle/FgV5uDbxZ3fvNrraA) and send the documents listed below in one email as separate PDF files each clearly identified. Incomplete applications, and complete applications sent through any other means (Interfolio, We Transfer, etc.) other than email, will not be considered:
(1) Curriculum Vitae. For us to correctly process an application, we need the CV to include the following information: applicant’s full name (as it appears in the birth certificate or passport), residential address, current job (if any), areas of specialization and competence, university and date in which the PhD degree was obtained (or expected date) and publications.
(2) Copy of two papers (do not send dissertations), at least one of which must be one of the published or accepted-for-publication papers.
(3) Research project, which must include the title of the project, a small abstract, goals, explanation of how it contributes to research in your area, list of references, and the expected products (papers, book-reviews, etc.). Suggested length: 2500-3000 words (excluding references).
(4) Two letters of recommendation (sent directly by the authors, or via Interfolio, or by the administrative personal of your home university).
(5) Timetable of the activities planned for the time of the fellowship (suggested length: 1 page). This should include the dates for writing and conclusion of the research products, and the teaching of two courses throughout the year of the fellowship, each of which may be of a maximum of 6 hours per week.
(6) Cover letter.
(7) Copy of the PhD diploma, or official document certifying that final exam on PhD thesis has been passed, or official document that indicates the date when the doctoral exam will take place. In case the application is successful, it will be necessary to send official certification that the final exam has been passed before the beginning of the fellowship.
(8) List of publications derived from the thesis. Each article must include an abstract no longer than half a page. This must be in a separate document.
(9) An abstract of the PhD thesis (maximum length: half a page). This must be in a separate document including title of the thesis, university where it was obtained, and name and university of adscription of PhD supervisor.
All these documents must be sent to the following address: email@example.com.
Please click here to see the historical record of the Program. Please click hear to see our answers to FAQ.
For further questions please contact:
|How to apply|
|Web address to apply||https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfL14tk-2...|
|Email to apply|
|Hard deadline||August 9, 2019, 11:59pm CST|
|Web address for more information||http://www.filosoficas.unam.mx/sitio/2o-periodo-de...|
|Contact name||Moisés Vaca|
|Contact phone||(52-55) 5622-7241|
|Time created||June 11, 2019, 12:24pm EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||August 9, 2019, 11:59pm CST|
|Last updated||June 11, 2019, 12:24pm EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||
This institution has indicated that the position advertised will not follow the APA's recommended job market calendar. An explanation, if provided, appears below.
These postdoc positions are advertised twice a year. This is a university-wide policy, and is not up to our department.