Clinical Ethics Fellow
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College not BA-granting
|Job category||Postdoc or similar / Fixed term|
|Location||Albany, New York, United States|
|Start date||July 1, 2020|
Our two-year fellowship is designed for those seeking a bioethics career in academic institutions, healthcare settings, and professional or government agencies.
At the end of the fellowship, graduates will have developed advanced skills in:
• Performing clinical ethics consultation throughout the hospital clinical setting in accordance with the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH) core competencies
• Teaching and facilitating educational sessions in bioethics and related topics to medical students, bioethics graduate students, and healthcare professionals
• Participating as an ethics representative in an interdisciplinary team of hospital experts on complex cases
• Attending institutional ethics review committee meetings
• Conducting research, both individually and collaboratively, on topics in bioethics, leading to publications in academic journals
• Terminal degree in a discipline that interfaces with bioethics is preferred. This may include philosophy, law, social sciences, social work, nursing, and medicine.
• A letter of application including a full statement of:
(1) one’s preparation for this fellowship
(2) a statement of personal goals
• A current curriculum vitae
• A writing sample
• Two letters of recommendation
Early submissions are encouraged, as we may have in-person interviews at the ASBH conference in October. For full consideration, submit your application by December 20; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The start date is July 1st.
|How to apply|
|Email to apply|
|Deadline for full consideration:||December 20, 2019, 11:59pm EST|
|Hard deadline||No deadline specified (applications considered on an ongoing basis)|
|Web address for more information||http://www.amc.edu/bioethics|
|Contact name||Wayne Shelton|
|Time created||October 3, 2019, 11:11am EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||April 18, 2020, 3:01pm EST|
|Last updated||October 3, 2019, 11:11am EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|