Assistant Professor, Philosophy (3477)
Posting Number: req749
Faculty Tenure Track
College of Arts and Letters
Pocatello - Main
This position enables the program to offer upper division and graduate courses in the areas of philosophy of mind/cognitive science and to enhance the lower level, including general education objectives 4 and 7 (Phil 1101, 1103 and 2201) and increase the research profile of the university in the area of cognitive science / philosophy of mind.
- Teaching undergraduate courses in introduction to philosophy and other general education courses.
- Teaching upper-division courses in philosophy of mind/ philosophy of cognitive science and related fields (e.g. metaphysics).
The teaching responsibilities will involve roughly 60- 65% of work load.
- Conducting research in philosophy of mind/ cognitive science which results in published articles and/ or external funding.
- Working with other faculty members in such fields as neuroscience, psychology, linguistic to help assist in collaborative research.
The research responsibilities will involve roughly 20 – 27% of work load.
- Participate in philosophy program business, including advising, supervising theses, etc.
- Service to the profession and the college and the university
The service responsibilities will involve roughly 13 – 20% of work load.
Ph.D in Philosophy in hand by August 2019 or nearly complete by that date. Must have a specialization in a relevant area and some teaching experience. Promise of developing a strong research program in the field.
PhD in Philosophy in hand by August 2019, Specialty in Philosophy of Mind/ Philosophy of Cognitive Science, teaching experience, including some familiarization with on-line pedagogies. We would prefer the successful candidate have the ability to work with other faculty members, for example in Psychology, on research projects and to be able to assist with on-line courses, distance learning courses and our courses in medical ethics.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=749&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of Application, CV, Teaching portfolio, Professional Writing Sample, and Unofficial Transcripts (official transcripts will be required from the successful candidate). Additionally, please have three (3) letters of recommendation submitted directly to the department at email@example.com.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 12, 2019. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary range is $51,000 - $59,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/42pnwrv8pchyy5f7