Dietrich Visiting Scholar of Philosophy (EXPIRED)
Department of Philosophy, Florida Atlantic University †
|Job category||Visiting fellowship / Professorship / Fixed term|
|AOS||Ethics, Philosophy of Race, Diaspora Studies, Decolonization, or Immigration.|
|Location||Boca Raton, Florida, United States|
|Start date||January 2020|
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The William F. Dietrich
Visiting Scholar of Philosophy
The Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts & Letters
Thanks to a generous endowment by the William F. Dietrich Endowment, the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts & Letters invites applications for the William F. Dietrich
Visiting Scholar of Philosophy. This professorship will be awarded through a competitive process for a one-semester appointment.
● Appointment commences at the beginning of Spring, 2020 (January 2020) and
extends to the end of Spring, 2020 (May 2020).
● $40,000 salary
● $5,000 program enhancement funds for programing on campus related to field of the scholar (to be used in the support of symposia, faculty research clusters, guest speakers, etc.) to be organized as part of the responsibilities of holding this professorship.
● PhD-holding Associate or Full Professor of Philosophy.
● Strong research record and active participation in the field with complementary strengths in disciplines of the Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences represented in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters.
● Commitment to teach at least two courses, one undergraduate and one graduate. A pro-seminar format is welcome. Themes of course(s) would ideally relate to the research of the scholar and serve both Philosophy majors and graduate programs in the college, especially the PhD in Comparative Studies.
● Following appointment, awardee submits a budget to College Dean for how
Program enhancement funds will be used during professor’s appointment.
● Scholar commits to presenting at least one research presentation to the College community during the period of the appointment.
● 5:00 P.M. Monday, August 25, 2019 -- review begins. Hard Deadline of September 18th, 2019.
Evaluation of Applications:
● Applications will be evaluated by faculty appointed by the Dean consisting of the College Associate Dean, the Director of the School for Interdisciplinary Studies, and two Philosophy professors.
● Committee will forward its recommendation to the Dean for consideration.
● Dean will make final decision on appointment of the professorship.
All materials required for the application, must be submitted in one PDF file, clearly labeled with the applicant’s name.
The application file should be submitted electronically to Ms. Gabby Denier (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant to Dr. Adam Bradford (email@example.com) Director of the School for Interdisciplinary Studies.
The application file should include the following materials:
● Two references from colleagues in the candidate’s field who can speak to his or her scholarship, teaching and mentoring, and collegiality. It would be greatly appreciated if one of these came from a colleague within the department’s home academic unit.
● Cover Letter with a statement by the applicant, outlining his or her area of
expertise and discussing his or her research activity. This statement should also include candidate’s proposal for a graduate and undergraduate course (or pro-seminar that covers the same topic at both levels) and a preliminary proposal for the use of the program enhancement funds.
● Current curriculum vitae.
|How to apply|
|Email to apply|
|Deadline for full consideration:||
August 25, 2019, 5:00am EST
(applications under review)
|Hard deadline||September 18, 2019, 11:59pm EST|
|Contact name||Adam Bradford|
|Time created||July 18, 2019, 12:11pm EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||September 18, 2019, 11:59pm EST|
|Expired on||September 20, 2019, 12:46am EST|
|Last updated||November 20, 2019, 3:00pm EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|