An open academic position in Economic and Social Ethics (EXPIRED)
Institut Supérieur De Philosophie, Universite catholique de Louvain
|Job category||Faculty (open rank) / Tenure-track or similar|
|AOS||Economic and Social Ethics|
Social and Political Philosophy
|Organization's reference number||23646 / ESPO 008 / 2020|
|Location||Louvain-la-Neuve, Walloon Region, Belgium|
|Start date||September 1, 2020|
UCLouvain invites applications for a tenure track or tenured full time position in Economic and Social Ethics
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations. The position is attached to the Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Communication and to the Institute of Philosophy that offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research. The Louvain-la-Neuve site offers a unique living environment inside a naturally preserved neighbourhood, conveniently located to the heart of Europe.
Description of the mission
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the field of economic and social ethics, i.e. political philosophy understood as a normative discipline concerned with all aspects of social institutions and social life, with special emphasis on the economic dimension.
The successful candidate will develop and drive a cutting-edge research program principally in the field of economic and social ethics. More specifically, the successful candidate will actively collaborate with economists, political scientists, sociologists, legal scholars or researchers in any relevant disciplines.
Next to her/his research and teaching activities, the successful candidate will need to contribute actively to the twofold mission of the Hoover Chair of economic and social ethics, namely (1) to stimulate ethical reflection in the research and teaching of the Faculty of economic, social, political and communication sciences of the University; and (2) to contribute to a clear and well informed public debate, in Belgium and beyond, about the ethical issues that arise in our society in the various areas covered by the Faculty's disciplines.
- Creativity and must be open to pedagogical innovation
Application deadline: 15th November, 2019
Further information :
Tasks: the applicant will
- Be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- Supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- Be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- Contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- Be available to carry out, in the long term, different service activities and responsibilities within the University and its entities;
- Contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications: the applicant must have
- A PhD degree in philosophy (specialization in economic and social ethics or political philosophy) or any comparable discipline;
- A significant scientific record with international publications;
- Either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside his or her university of origin;
- Experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level, demonstrated if possible by formal assessments;
- The capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
- Creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- The capacities required to undertake high-level academic research: capacity to raise research funds, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team;
- Team management and communication skills, including if possible fluency in French and English, spoken and written. Otherwise, you will be asked to acquire them within two years after taking office, in order to be able to communicate and teach in these languages. Knowledge of other languages is an additional asset.
The level of recruitment (appointment to the rank of lecturer or professor) will be discussed if a proposal is made to you, in connection with your previous academic experience. For more information, see: jobs.uclouvain.be.
Our HR policy supports equal opportunities and diversity including in the academic career. Attention is also paid to reconciliation of private life and professional life.
|How to apply|
|Web address to apply||https://jobs.uclouvain.be/PersonnelAcademique/job/...|
|Hard deadline||November 15, 2019, 11:59pm CET|
|Web address for more information||https://jobs.uclouvain.be/PersonnelAcademique/job/...|
|Contact name||Prof. Alexandre Guay|
|Time created||October 7, 2019, 3:58pm EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||November 15, 2019, 11:59pm CET|
|Expired on||November 17, 2019, 12:46am CET|
|Last updated||January 16, 2020, 3:00pm EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|