Clinical Ethics Fellow
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College not BA-granting
|Job category||Postdoc or similar / Fixed term|
|Location||Albany, New York, United States|
|Start date||July 1, 2021|
The Alden March Bioethics Institute at Albany Medical College was founded in 1993 to support medical ethics education, develop an ethics consultation service at Albany Medical Center, and promote high-quality scholarly work in bioethics. AMBI’s programs include required coursework in medical ethics for Albany Medical College students, a master’s program in bioethics, and a full-time ethics consultation service at Albany Medical Center. Additional information about the Alden March Bioethics Institute can be found at www.amc.edu/bioethics.
Our two-year fellowship is designed for those seeking a bioethics career in academic institutions, healthcare settings, and professional or government agencies.
At the end of the fellowship, graduates will have developed advanced skills in:
• Performing clinical ethics consultation throughout the hospital clinical setting in accordance with the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH) core competencies
• Teaching and facilitating educational sessions in bioethics and related topics to medical students, bioethics graduate students, and healthcare professionals
• Conducting research, both individually and collaboratively, on topics in bioethics, leading to publications in academic journals
• Participating as an ethics representative on an interdisciplinary team of hospital experts reviewing complex cases
• Attending institutional ethics review committee meetings
• Terminal degree in a discipline that interfaces with bioethics is preferred. This may include philosophy, law, social sciences, social work, nursing, and medicine
To apply, please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A letter of application including a full statement of:
(1) one’s preparation for this fellowship
(2) a statement of personal goals
• A current curriculum vitae
• A writing sample
• Two letters of recommendation
Early submissions are encouraged. For full consideration, candidates should submit their applications by December 14, 2020; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The start date for the fellowship is July 1st, 2021.
|How to apply|
|Email to apply|
|Deadline for full consideration:||December 14, 2020, 11:59pm EST|
|Hard deadline||No deadline specified (applications considered on an ongoing basis)|
|Web address for more information||http://www.amc.edu/bioethics|
|Contact name||Wayne Shelton|
|Time created||October 12, 2020, 5:19pm EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||April 30, 2021, 10:28am EST|
|Last updated||October 12, 2020, 5:19pm EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|