Clinical Ethics Fellow
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College
|Job category||Postdoc or similar / Fixed term|
|Location||Albany, New York, United States|
|Start date||July 1, 2022|
The Alden March Bioethics Institute houses the department of Bioethics Education and Research at Albany Medical College. It was founded in 1993 to support medical ethics education, develop an ethics consultation service at Albany Medical Center, and promote high quality scholarly work in bioethics. AMBI’s programs include required coursework in medical ethics for Albany Medical College students, a master’s program in bioethics, and a full-time ethics consultation service at Albany Medical Center. Additional information about the Alden March Bioethics Institute can be found at www.amc.edu/bioethics.
Our two-year fellowship is designed for those seeking a bioethics career in academic institutions, healthcare settings, and professional or government agencies. Prior bioethics experience may be helpful but is not strictly required. For a list of recent fellows and job placements, see: amc.edu/academic/bioethics/clinical_ethics_former_fellows.cfm.
At the end of the fellowship, graduates will have developed advanced skills in:
• Performing clinical ethics consultation throughout the hospital clinical setting in accordance with the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH) core competencies
• Teaching and facilitating educational sessions in bioethics and related topics to medical students, bioethics graduate students, and healthcare professionals
• Conducting research, both individually and collaboratively, on topics in bioethics, leading to publications in academic journals
• Participating as an ethics representative on an interdisciplinary team of hospital experts reviewing complex cases
• Attending institutional ethics review committee meetings
• Terminal degree in a discipline that interfaces with bioethics is preferred. This may include philosophy, law, social sciences, social work, nursing, and medicine.
To apply, please email the following materials to [email protected]:
• A letter of application that should discuss the candidate's:
(1) preparation for the fellowship
(2) professional goals
• A current curriculum vitae
• A writing sample
• Two letters of recommendation
For full consideration, submit your application by December 17, 2021; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The start date for the fellowship is July 1st, 2022.
|How to apply|
|Email to apply|
|Deadline for full consideration:||
December 17, 2021, 11:59pm EST
(applications under review)
|Hard deadline||No deadline specified (applications considered on an ongoing basis)|
|Web address for more information||http://www.amc.edu/bioethics|
|Contact name||Samuel Reis-Dennis|
|Time created||October 18, 2021, 7:04pm UTC|
|Scheduled expiry date||April 16, 2022, 6:25pm EST|
|Last updated||October 18, 2021, 7:04pm UTC|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|