Assistant Teaching Professor of Philosophy, Religion, and Humanities (EXPIRED)
Penn State Harrisburg
|Job category||Junior faculty / Fixed term|
|Location||Middletown, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Start date||Fall 2023|
Assistant Teaching Professor of Philosophy, Religion, and Humanities
The Penn State Harrisburg School of Humanities invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track Assistant Teaching Professor of Philosophy position to start in the Fall 2023 semester. The school seeks candidates who can teach Symbolic Logic, Ethics, and additional courses based on the candidate's area of expertise. A history of teaching humanities and religion courses is also desired.
• Teach Ethics, Critical Thinking, and Symbolic Logic courses that fulfill Penn State's general education requirements.
• Work with adjunct Religion and Philosophy faculty to determine course offerings every semester.
• Develop events and programming that will engage the student body with the field of Philosophy.
• Recruit and advise students for the Humanities major.
• Contribute to the department, college, university, and profession through academic and professional service.
• Candidates are expected to teach four courses per semester while also maintaining a positive record of service to the university and/or profession.
• While this is a teaching position, evidence of scholarly engagement with the field of Philosophy is expected.
Education & Qualifications:
• A Ph.D. in Philosophy or a closely related field is required by the time of appointment.
• A demonstrated ability as a teacher and advisor.
• Strong record of engagement in the field of Philosophy.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
• Submit a formal letter of application detailing relevant qualifications for this job.
• Submit a curriculum vitae with three references listed.
• Submit a teaching philosophy statement.
Penn State is a multi-campus public land-grant University. Penn State Harrisburg, the Capital College, is the largest among Penn State's Commonwealth Campuses, enrolling 5,000 students and offering more than 75 degree programs. The campus is located near the state capitol and is within easy driving distance of major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3898631
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|How to apply|
|Web address to apply||https://apptrkr.com/3898631|
|Hard deadline||No deadline specified (applications considered on an ongoing basis)|
|Web address for more information||http://www.psu.edu|
|Time created||February 14, 2023, 8:50pm UTC|
|Scheduled expiry date||August 12, 2023, 8:40pm EST|
|Expired on||August 12, 2023, 8:46pm EST|
|Last updated||September 13, 2023, 3:00pm UTC|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|