Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, English and Philosophy (EXPIRED)
Idaho State University
|Job category||Visiting fellowship / Professorship / Fixed term|
|Location||Pocatello, Idaho, United States|
Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, English and Philosophy
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This position is for a 1-year sabbatical replacement at the level of Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy. Key responsibilities include:
• Teach undergraduate courses in the general education program, such as PHIL 1101, 1103, 2210, and 2260
• Teach upper-division courses in one or more areas of Philosophy
• Conduct research leading to published articles in one or more areas of Philosophy
• Participate in Philosophy Program business, including advising, supervising theses, etc.
• Participate in service to the profession and the college and university
• ABD or Ph.D in Philosophy
• Teaching experience in philosophy
• Strong academic training in philosophy
• Evidence of teaching excellence, including familiarity with online delivery
• Ability and willingness to teach courses that meet the needs of our program, especially Introduction to Asian Philosophies, Life and Death, and Introduction to Philosophy
• Promise of developing a strong research program in one or more areas of philosophy
You must submit the following to be considered for this position:
• Letter of application
• At least 3 letters of reference, one of which ideally will address teaching
• Teaching portfolio, including sample syllabi and student evaluations
• Research statement
• Writing sample
• Unofficial transcripts
This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to April 16, 2023. Salary will be between $42,500 and $45,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1893
Type: Working 9 months per year
Position: Faculty Non-Tenure Track
Division: English and Philosophy Department
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4007963
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|How to apply|
|Web address to apply||https://apptrkr.com/4007963|
|Hard deadline||No deadline specified (applications considered on an ongoing basis)|
|Web address for more information||http://www.isu.edu|
|Time created||March 17, 2023, 9:07pm UTC|
|Scheduled expiry date||September 12, 2023, 7:23pm MST|
|Expired on||September 12, 2023, 7:46pm MST|
|Last updated||September 13, 2023, 1:46am UTC|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|