Philosophy Instructor - Tenure Track - Fall 2017 (EXPIRED)
College of Southern Nevada
|Job category||Faculty (open rank) / Tenure-track or similar|
|Location||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Start date||Fall 2017|
Philosophy Instructor - Tenure Track - Fall 2017
College of Southern Nevada
This position will be open until filled. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 02/13/2017.
• Social Sciences.
• The primary teaching assignment involves teaching our core courses: Introduction to Philosophy and Critical Thinking. Sections of other philosophy courses will be available as determined by departmental need.
• The candidate will be expected to teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester (i.e., a 5/5 teaching load) and keep five office hours per week.
• In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to participate in department and division meetings, college committees, and participatory governance activities.
• The candidate is expected to assume leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole and leverage student support resources. The college also has a requirement of participation in ongoing professional development.
• The teaching assignment may be multi-campus, and may be day, evening, weekend, or online (though the primary need is on-ground day time classes).
• The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of the College of Southern Nevada, and is committed to excellence in teaching directed towards student learning and success through the study of Philosophy, and is committed to ongoing research in philosophy.
• Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, a curriculum vitae, a minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation, a statement of the applicant's teaching philosophy, and a sample syllabus for (a) an introduction to philosophy course AND (b) a critical thinking course.
• This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 02/14/2017.For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 02/13/2017.
• Possess an M.A. in Philosophy from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Experience teaching college-level philosophy courses.
• Possess a Ph.D. in Philosophy from a regionally accredited institution by the time of appointment.
• Have a minimum of one year (two semesters) recent (within the last three years) experience teaching Critical Thinking at the college level.
• Have a minimum of one year (two semesters) recent (within the last three years) experience teaching Introduction to Philosophy at the college level.
• Evidence of research in philosophy within the last three years, which consists of conference paper presentations or publications.
• Evidence of an appreciation and understanding of the community college mission, and ability to design curriculum and learning activities that address diverse learning levels.
• Interest and willingness to participate in department, divisional, and cross-college committees and activities.
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ONLINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ONLINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 702.651.5778.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
• Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent college teaching experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for initial salary placement.
For more details on this position, and to apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/902642
CSN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. For more
information, visit http://www.csn.edu/nondiscrimination
|How to apply|
|Web address to apply||http://apptrkr.com/902642|
|Hard deadline||February 13, 2017, 11:59pm PST|
|Web address for more information||http://apptrkr.com/902642|
|Time created||November 7, 2016, 2:28pm EST|
|Scheduled expiry date||February 13, 2017, 11:59pm PST|
|Expired on||February 15, 2017, 12:46am PST|
|Last updated||February 15, 2017, 3:46am EST|
|Last update notification||
There are no notifications for this ad.
Save the ad using the "save" button below to receive notifications of significant updates.
|Job Market Calendar||This institution has confirmed that the position advertised will follow the APA's recommended job market calendar.|